Establishing a Presence in Hong Kong SAR

April 18, 2019

For different commercial reasons, foreign companies (including those incorporated in Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands and other “zero or low corporation tax jurisdictions”) may prefer registering themselves as registered non-Hong Kong companies under Part 16 of the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance (Chapter 622) (‘Co Ord’) rather than incorporating a new subsidiary in Hong Kong.

As we have recently received various enquiries about the registration as a registered non-Hong Kong company, we are pleased to share with you a summary of certain requirements in this Technews.

How Tricor can support?

  • Check if the name of the foreign company is registrable with the Companies Registry
  • Prepare the necessary documents to take out the registration
  • Provide “Principal Place of Business” and “Authorized Representative” in Hong Kong SAR
  • Attend to on-going compliance work with the Companies Registry and Inland Revenue Department

Topics: Regulatory Updates & News, Business Expansion, Hong Kong SAR, Corporate Services, Company Incorporation

Download a complementary edition of our Tricor TechNews

TechNews Image-01
Tricor Group
About the Author

Tricor Group

More Articles