1. How do you measure success, what does success mean to you?
Success is when I am able to achieve personal goals beyond certain expectations, while also keeping a healthy work-family balance.
2. How do you keep employees engaged and motivated?
I believe in keeping the team focused with short-term goals, while also keeping medium-term goals in check. At the same time, I try to understand the team's different motivations and values, and communicate and align accordingly.3. What is the best career advice you’ve received and why?
Always look beyond the horizon, there is always something different out there. And be determined in your beliefs.
4. How do you manage work-life balance?
By looking beyond the regular 9 to 5, there is always time for a quick jog, gym session, hang out, or family bonding time while completing work projects. I believe in ‘working in compartmental days’ while setting medium-term life goals.
5. Share a book/person that has most influenced your career or life? And why?
There are two: an older uncle of mine and a mentor friend from a Hong Kong conglomerate. Both of these role models possess certain values and attributes that I aspire to.
6. When did you join Tricor & why did you join Tricor?
I joined on February 24, 2020. Why? The team has great momentum and energy; and the company is in a fast-pace 'building and growing' stage.